Monday, June 1, 2015

A Day in Chattanooga, TN to celebrate Juli's birthday - 1/26/2015

Instead of a big gift Juli chose to spend the day in Chattanooga, TN. 
We started off at the Aquarium. 



Had an early lunch at Mellow Mushroom. Yum!
 After lunch we walked to the Children's Museum. My son outgrew the Children's Museum in Atlanta when he was about 5 years old. The one in Chattanooga is very cool! There is plenty for older kids to explore. 
Jayden loves the water exploration area.

 They had this new display up and now i want to do it in our own home! 
Sand from around the world, how cool is that?

Digging up dinosaur bones.

They have the coolest stage to play on! Juli was manning the light and sound effects while Jayden put on a show. They even have curtains that change and a sun/moon on a track. 

This was new to me... Juli avoids this area like the plague! On this trip she went in and started playing.

I wish we would have found this area earlier in the day! They recently added a Maker's Room to the museum. My kids wanted to stay there all day! They had everything you could think of to make creations.


The special exhibit at the museum was on Accessibility. Very fitting for our family!



After enjoying the Children's Museum, we headed back to the Aquarium.


Yes, I claim these two silly kids as my own! 



 We love watching the penguins.


I am so thankful that my kids are the best of friends. I hope it stays this way forever!


We ran up to say goodbye to the butterflies before the aquarium shut down for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment